The EYCN was founded in 2006 after Jens Breffke and Csaba Janáky had the idea of reuniting European young chemists during the 1st European Chemistry Conference in Budapest.
From this time goal of the EYCN is to promote Chemistry in Europe, as well as to give new educational and networking opportunities to students and professionals. EYCN promote awards in conferences, organize Career Days to improve soft-skills and collaborate in a variety of exchange programs to promote the mobility of our members. To do all this, EYCN partner with powerful industries as well as with other young scientific societies around the world.
The EYCN meets once a year in the Delegates Assembly:
- 2017 – Heraklion, Greece
- 2016 – Guimarães, Portugal
- 2015 – Berlin, Germany
- 2014 – Bucharest, Romania
- 2013 – St. Petersburg, Russia
- 2012 – Aveiro, Portugal
- 2011 – Murzasichle, Poland
- 2010 – Untervaz, Switzerland
- 2009 – Essen, Germany
- 2008 – Madrid, Spain
- 2007 – Berlin, Germany
- 2006 – Budapest, Hungary – The creation of EYCN
The Board of the EYCN (2017-2019)
- Alice Soldà (ITA) – Chair
- Torsten John (DEU) – Secretary
- Kseniia Otvagina (RUS) – Communications Team Leader
- Jelena Lazić (SRB) – Membership Team Leader
- Victor Mougel (FRA) – Network Team Leader
- Hanna Makowska (POL) – Science Team Leader
- Fernando Gomollón-Bel (ESP) – Advisor
The EYCN issues a monthly newsletter. You can familiarize yourself with newest one here!
Poland is one of 22 countries which are involved in EYCN.